Friday 19 October 2012

Driving with the Brakes On


Oh what a week!  Well, bit more than a week I think. I've been feeling very sorry for myself as I've had a rotten cold (what I call borderline flu) and with the bad head, hot and cold shivers and sore throat not really achieved very much.  As usual when I'm ill the clutter builds up and in between the clutter the dreaded dust sits. I'm sure my house gets more dusty than anyone else's.
Never mind, the benefit of being bit ill and not having the energy to do much is that I can sit on the sofa quite legitimately having some quality hooky time, so I have a couple of crochet projects very near completion that I will be sharing with you soon.



Surfing the net for all things crochet is also something I've been up to just lately.  There are so many images to inspire and free patterns to use out there that I have a long list in my head of things I want to try out. Trouble is my speed at making just can't keep up with my ideas so I guess I'll never come to the end of the list, but hey, that's great! I am very much in the crochet vibe at the moment (it is after all the new rock'n'roll) and have found my favourite crochet blog Attic 24.  Lucy makes beautiful things in gorgeous colours and just visiting her blog is a treat in itself, think I may have a bit of a girl crush - not scared to admit!
Sandra at Cherry Heart is also a brilliant inspiration and very generous with her ideas too. The strawberry baby hat she made for her niece is on my list of things to make :-)

ol' dusty
So I'm off now to rush around the house getting as many chores done in a short amount of time as I can so I can sit down for some more hooky time this afternoon and finish off the stars of my future posts. I will hoover around the lego (best boy off school with cold) flick my vintage looking feather duster about a bit and and see if Mr Muscle wants to come out and play.
The artistic sewing machine photos by the way were taken by my big brother when he came down for a visit with his very very nice new camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment